Jobseekers are being encouraged to develop their language skills in order to get ahead in the competitive market.
An Irish Employment Monitor shows a 4% drop in the number of professional jobs available in Ireland in the last month.
The figures also show that an extra 12% of professionals entered the market during that time.
Karen O’Flaherty, Operations Director at Morgan McKinley, says being able to speak another language gives you a distinct advantage.
“The areas that have certainly continued to be in demand since the beginning of the year are across IT, development, project managers, any of the financial services with language skills.
“Two or three languages are certainly in high demand at the moment.”
- Jobseekers And Digital Tech To Combine To Aide Irish Gaming Sector
- Small Business Show: Finding New Ways To Educate & Learn – Big Learner
- In Focus: Changing The Way We Learn Guitar – Riffstation
- Ireland’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions For Business Has Sharp Decline
- In Focus: RendezVu Launch Online English Learning Platforms With 3D Avatars