Pharmaceutical research and technologies start-up APC has won the NovaUCD 2011 Start-Up Award after being declared overall winner of the 16th NovaUCD Campus Company Development Programme.
APC provides processing technologies and customised solutions to pharmaceutical companies that require the delivery of their medicines to the global market.
The company plans to create 20 jobs within the next two years, was also presented with a prize fund worth €17,500.
The company, co-founded earlier this year by Prof Brian Glennon (pictured,left) and Dr Mark Barrett as a spin-out from UCD’s School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering and already includes many of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world on its client list.
Editor of FocuSMEireland.com, Kehlan Kirwan, talks to Dr. Brian Glennon about what APC does and whether Ireland can expect an internal brain drain if cuts to education continue.
- In Focus: KwickScreen Wins Young Entrepreneur Award From Shell Livewire Competition
- Limerick Milk Market Wins Prestigious Award
- Irish Robot Team Wins Open Challenge Award
- In Focus: Travel Agent Plans Antartica Tour – Combines Business And Lifetime Dream
- Local Suppliers Expected To Take Hit As New Procurement Plans Exposed